Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh no, not my neck...

I’m in my mid-forties, but ten years ago, a supervisor of mine told me I had the neck of a fifty-year old. I went home and studied my neck in the mirror for hours and much to my dismay, she was right. I forgot about my neck.

I, like so many other women, spent so much time concentrating on my face and hair that I forgot about the important part of my body on which my head rests. Oops! From the day that my saggy, wrinkly neck was pointed out to me, I made it my personal mission to tell everyone, “skin care shouldn’t stop at your chin.” My goal is to rid the world of sagging necks and wrinkly cleavage. You think I’m kidding, but I’m not. I’m the self-proclaimed head cheerleader of neck and cleavage rejuvenation.

If you’ve found yourself in the same boat as so many other women, read on and learn about what you can do to get your neck and chest to match your perfectly maintained visage et coffuire:

1. Lower your sights. Take a good look at your neck and décolleté. Do you see lots of fine lines and loss of firmness? Do you see sun damage on your décolleté? Have you spent your precious time and money making sure your face and your hair look great? Hate to tell you, but your neck and décolleté might be giving away your age. Time for some TLC!

2. Start repairing. The easiest thing to do it is to extend your skin care regime below your chin to include your neck and your décolleté. That means include those areas in all facets of your skin care regime especially the application of anti-aging serums and treatments with high performance ingredients as well as application of an SPF product. When you have a professional facial performed by a licensed esthetician, she will always include your neck and décolleté during the treatment. Why don’t we do this at home?

3. Major remodel. If good skin care isn’t enough and you need a little more help, there are several treatment options available from a full neck lift, to procedures like a thread lift, thermage, and laser for the neck and injections of fillers for wrinkly cleavage. Procedures in both of these areas can produce dramatic results and those results can be long term if you are complaint with your post-procedure instructions and if you continue with proper skin care maintenance (see #2).

4. One last thought. If you, like 300,000+ other women in 2007, had breast augmentation surgery, you’ll want to make the most of your investment by keeping your décolleté smooth and wrinkle free. They can lose their allure when they’re mired in wrinkles.

The thing to keep in mind is that it’s never too late. Over the last ten years, I’ve managed to salvage my neck and while it isn’t perfect, it certainly isn’t 15 years older than my face anymore and I’m definitely not a candidate for surgical intervention at this point.

What about you? Did you forget about your neck? Do you care? Why or why not?

Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment